4POS Support

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Swipe card integration  (Read 3744 times)

caddyshack

Swipe card integration
« on: September 15, 2011, 10:44:09 AM »

I have a pub in a golf club where I have a number of members as well as public walk in's. I would like to supply the members with a swipe card and be able to swipe their card, open a table in their name or cashout, and offer them a discounted rate compared to the public walk in. At a later stage I would like to accept payment up front and deduct automatically everytime they swipe for a drink or food.

Admin

• Administrator
Re: Swipe card integration
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 01:53:20 PM »

Don't really know what the question is. Are you asking if 4POS can do this? If so, then YES! We have many clubs working on the same concept!

caddyshack

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 04:47:37 PM »

Great, can you please let me know where I can find instructions how to implement this.

davidgraham1972

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 05:04:12 PM »

Is the cash up front with swipe card up and working. Would like to look at implementing at our golf club

David Graham

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 01:20:27 PM »

As stated, this has been part of 4POS for a LONG, LONG time! Simply create a debtor with the swipe card number as the account number & you can then finalise the sale to that Card / Account number!

Simple.....

djsupremec

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 03:55:56 PM »

I am busy implementing a card system for account holders and the question I have is a security one.
When your debtors are using swipe cards to process transactions against their account is this the only way something can be added to their account? If so that's perfect.

Regards

Ryan

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 05:50:28 PM »

Well, the only way to add invoices (purchases) to the account can be prohibited by selecting :

Search for specific Debtor (Card number) under the 4POS Touch Configuration. (Option Menu Ctrl-C)

This is newish feature we added in December 2013....

djsupremec

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 08:30:51 AM »

So if i understand correctly were you would normally select the debtor name you will have to know the card number is so I think this will be good enough.