Author Topic: How do I move my 4pos software to another computer and change the name  (Read 16123 times)

4pos

i have closed my carwash in febraury and now i just opened a new car wash.i need to know how do i remove my 4pos software to another computer s the old computer am usin it for office.and i need to change the name as the new carwash is defferent from the old one.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 04:32:23 PM by Admin »

Admin

• Administrator
    • 4POS Point of Sale Solutions
Re: how do i move my 4pos software to another computer and change the name
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 02:36:39 PM »
Effectively with the new 4POS, you will "move" the voucher / registration to the new pc & then simply change the company name in General parameters...

The "move" is explained here :

http://www.4pos.co.za/support/index.php/topic,932.msg2255.html#msg2255

Admin

• Administrator
For a simple name change, you will :

1. Open the 4POSBackoffice
2. Under Store setup - General Parameters
3. Click on Change name.
4. Close Backoffice
5. In your registered email you will receive a notification to confirm the name change - click on the link provided.
6. Open your 4POSBackoffice again.

Cytron Holdings

Re: How do I move my 4pos software to another computer and change the name
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 10:27:38 AM »
Good morning 4POS thank you for your posts they are very helpful.
I hope I am doing this correctly. I have a question I have purchased 2 licenses from 4pos one was used for a server the other for a 2nd terminal. But unfortunately the 2nd terminal crashed and I am not able to replace it right now. But I would like to move the license to my friend's computer which I have successfully done with the help of theirs forum except for the fact that it will not allow me to open back office now? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Admin

• Administrator
Re: How do I move my 4pos software to another computer and change the name
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 11:47:54 PM »
To answer this & other similar questions...

Once a voucher has been added to a database it cannot be moved to be used elsewhere as a stand-alone pc.

If a terminal (A 2nd pc on your network) has crashed, you can simply use any other pc, install 4POS as a terminal & then either change the pc name in 4POSBackoffice or rename the new pc to the original name...

Obviously all sharing rules apply.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 08:43:42 AM by Admin »