Author Topic: How do I do a 4POS Backup? And how often do I need to do one?  (Read 26856 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • 4POS Point of Sale Solutions
How do I do a 4POS Backup? And how often do I need to do one?
« on: January 10, 2011, 07:45:42 PM »
4POS comes standard with a backup program that allows you to do a full backup as often as you choose! We would suggest at least once a week or even better - daily! Ask your 4POS support person to set up 4POSBackup which is a FREE utility on the 4POS folder that can automate this procedure.

One of our Portuguese customers taught us a handy way - get a flash drive with an extended cable to hide the flash in the roof / cupboard AWAY from the pc - if the pc gets stolen, at least you will have your backup & your 4POS licences safe!

1. Please copy the c:\4pos\4posbackup.exe program to a flashdrive.
2. Go to the flashdrive & select the 4POSBackup program. By running this program (Double-Click) a backup will be done on the flash drive.
3. For the first time - Right-click on the program & "Send to Desktop - create shortcut". A shortcut will now be placed on your desktop to make it easier for you to do backups in future!

If you do not have a flash drive yet - go now & buy one! A 2GB flash will be more than sufficient!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 08:48:34 AM by Admin »

Qwa Qwa Liquors

Re: How do I do a 4POS Backup? And how often do I need to do one?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 02:45:32 PM »
4POS comes standard with a backup program that allows you to do a full backup as often as you choose! I would suggest at least once a week or even better - daily!

One of our Portuguese customers taught us a handy way - get a flash drive with an extended cable to hide the flash in the roof / cupboard AWAY from the pc - if the pc gets stolen, at least you will have your backup & your 4POS licences safe!

1. Please copy the c:\4pos\4posbackup.exe program to a flashdrive.
2. Go to the flashdrive & select the 4POSBackup program. By running this program (Double-Click) a backup will be done on the flash drive.
3. For the first time - Right-click on the program & "Send to Desktop - create shortcut". A shortcut will now be placed on your desktop to make it easier for you to do backups in future!

If you do not have a flash drive yet - go now & buy one! A 4GB flash will be more than sufficient!

BUT WHAT IS THE STEPS TO COPY IT ON A NEW BACKOFFICE COMPUTER
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 05:58:11 AM by Admin »

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 09:27:37 PM »
How to do the restore is found here :

http://4pos.co.za/support/index.php?topic=47.0

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 10:32:49 AM »
Our new 4POS version does a Winrar backup. In other words, it will create a RAR file with a time stamp of your backup.

If your 4POSBackup comes up with "Please select a Backup Path, Go to store setup - General parameters & select a valid path under option 11.

We suggest c:\4pos especially if you have multiple pc's. Remember this path is used on all pc's & if you specify something like I:\backup (For your external drive) & you close backoffice on another terminal, the backups cannot be run as the "I" drive does not exist on the other terminal/s...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 06:08:19 AM by Admin »

Gerald

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 01:11:56 PM »
asking hoe do i do a 4pos backup for license?

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 08:17:17 AM »
Your 4POS voucher is stored in the database so by doing a backup, it is saved...

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 05:55:21 AM »
Wish to automate your 4POS Backups?

This FREE utility will make a backup of all your SQL files & you can schedule a time as well.

It will create bak files of your database which can be reloaded in an emergency - if you do not have a 4POS Backup.....

http://sqlbackupfree.com/

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 12:15:05 PM »
Cloud Backup service :

- OR -

About R700 per year for 2TB (Terrabyte) In other words a LOT! So, roughly R50 rand a month for peace of mind!

We backup about 1TB between 7 hard drives...

We backup :

4POS
4PAY
4TFM

All Development source codes

All designs, photos of products

Personal photos
ALL excel files

& Many more!

Register Now!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 09:16:43 AM by Admin »

janstrydom

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2020, 05:28:24 PM »
Hi. I have a XP-N230I 4POS printer. I have connected it to my PC. When I print the slip some of the info on the right is not on the slip. How do I get these settings corrected. I cant seem to find a place to fix this. help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 08:54:17 AM »
Hi

Set your printer width to 72 & NOT 80 - this will ensure the info are within the boundaries..