4POS Support

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Getting an error 9 - subscript out of range on your 4POS Domain Controller?

You need to upgrade to our new 4POS version.

This is an error that came up with OLD versions... Version 15.6 or lower...

Click here : http://www.4pos.co.za/support/index.php/topic,931.0.html

Author Topic: How do I do a 4POS Backup? And how often do I need to do one?  (Read 6773 times)

Admin

• Administrator
How do I do a 4POS Backup? And how often do I need to do one?
« on: January 10, 2011, 07:45:42 PM »

4POS comes standard with a backup program that allows you to do a full backup as often as you choose! I would suggest at least once a week or even better - daily! Ask your 4POS support person to set up MDBTask which is a FREE utility on the 4POS CD that can automate this procedure.

One of our Portuguese customers taught us a handy way - get a flash drive with an extended cable to hide the flash in the roof / cupboard AWAY from the pc - if the pc gets stolen, at least you will have your backup & your 4POS licences safe!

1. Please copy the c:\4pos\4posbackup.exe program to a flashdrive.
2. Go to the flashdrive & select the 4POSBackup program. By running this program (Double-Click) a backup will be done on the flash drive.
3. For the first time - Right-click on the program & "Send to Desktop - create shortcut". A shortcut will now be placed on your desktop to make it easier for you to do backups in future!

If you do not have a flash drive yet - go now & buy one! A 2GB flash will be more than sufficient!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 08:58:56 AM by admin »

Qwa Qwa Liquors

Re: How do I do a 4POS Backup? And how often do I need to do one?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 02:45:32 PM »

4POS comes standard with a backup program that allows you to do a full backup as often as you choose! I would suggest at least once a week or even better - daily!

One of our Portuguese customers taught us a handy way - get a flash drive with an extended cable to hide the flash in the roof / cupboard AWAY from the pc - if the pc gets stolen, at least you will have your backup & your 4POS licences safe!

1. Please copy the c:\4pos\4posbackup.exe program to a flashdrive.
2. Go to the flashdrive & select the 4POSBackup program. By running this program (Double-Click) a backup will be done on the flash drive.
3. For the first time - Right-click on the program & "Send to Desktop - create shortcut". A shortcut will now be placed on your desktop to make it easier for you to do backups in future!

If you do not have a flash drive yet - go now & buy one! A 4GB flash will be more than sufficient!

BUT WHAT IS THE STEPS TO COPY IT ON A NEW BACKOFFICE COMPUTER
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 05:58:11 AM by Admin »

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 09:27:37 PM »

How to do the restore is found here :

http://4pos.co.za/support/index.php?topic=47.0

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 10:32:49 AM »

Our new 4POS version does a Winrar backup. In other words, it will create a RAR file with a time stamp of your backup.

If your 4POSBackup comes up with "Please select a Backup Path, Go to store setup - General parameters & select a valid path under option 11.

We suggest c:\4pos especially if you have multiple pc's. Remember this path is used on all pc's & if you specify something like I:\backup (For your external drive) & you close backoffice on another terminal, the backups cannot be run as the "I" drive does not exist on the other terminal/s...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 06:08:19 AM by Admin »

Gerald

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 01:11:56 PM »

asking hoe do i do a 4pos backup for license?

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 08:17:17 AM »

Your 4POS voucher is stored in the database so by doing a backup, it is saved...

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 05:55:21 AM »

Wish to automate your 4POS Backups?

This FREE utility will make a backup of all your SQL files & you can schedule a time as well.

It will create bak files of your database which can be reloaded in an emergency - if you do not have a 4POS Backup.....

http://sqlbackupfree.com/