4POS Support

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 4POS 32 & 64 bit Upgrades  (Read 26398 times)

Admin

• Administrator
4POS 32 & 64 bit Upgrades
« on: November 14, 2013, 11:24:18 AM »

STOP! This is only for customers that are running the latest - After 18.3 version! If you are running ANY other version - Run the NEW installer first! Click here : http://www.4pos.co.za/support/index.php/topic,931.0.html

The latest version of 4POS ( Now version 18.9.1 ) for your 32 & 64 bit Windows system.

Get the latest features which have been updated to make you even MORE PROFITABLE!

Want to watch a quick video?
https://youtu.be/pOCJ1S44vvs

Download Now!

Although this post is not being updated - we are DAILY adding features to the 4POS Software for the Independently Minded Retailer!

We have logged over 26,000 development hours since November 2015!

You can only run 4POSSqlEXEUpgrades if you are already running version 18.3 or later!! (This is only the upgrades of the NEW 4POS 18.3 EXE upgrades & not the conversion!)

If your Anti-virus is blocking the download or the upgrade, disable the protection for 1 hour. Then download & run the upgrade. Once the upgrade is done, you are welcome to scan the 4POS & 4POSServer folder to double check.

We simply cant make it ANY easier!

In this version, we have added the following Major Changes :

1. 4POSTouch now has the feature of adding gif pictures to the buttons. Text & pics available on same button!
2. 4POSScan now has the feature of showing a pic of the item that you are selling.... has been asked years ago, & we have now implemented it. Ideal for our material merchants that wishes to see a pic of the product as they are selling it!
3. Dealer request : item search on Stock take adjustments.
4. Buffers (Memory) cleared on reports when you have selected a product.
5. Ditto for barcode printing.
6. VAT report currency sign & spelling.
7. GRV sub-total not displayed correctly.
8. 4POSTouch Counter not displayed correctly from first sale.
9. Allocate payments to Invoice - screen size increased to allow for easier editing.
10. 4POSScan & 4POSTouch - Cards, Chqs, Payout field size increased to cater for 6 digits before the decimal.
11. Process GRV - barcode and/or quick key not printed.
12. Monthend show complete whilst still processing.
13. 4POSBackup improved for Winrar & 2nd PC options.
14. New floor layout design program - lets please fix all those ugly layouts!!
15. Automatic screensaver when 4POSTouch is idle.
16. Declaration report & product performance by declaration added. This is ideal for customers that need to balance stock by shift.
17. Airtime sales now included in 4POS! Click here for more details...
http://www.4pos.co.za/4pos-airtime-software.htm

18. Full MsSql database

20/3/2018 :

19. Restore utility added under utilities. More info to follow
20. 4POSInitialize added under utilities. Used for WIPING your sales - do not use if you are unsure!

Passwords the same as before dd##mm

12/04/2018

1. Backup improved. First backup will take long but thereafter will do an update of the backup - much faster...
2. Barcode label creation & print redone - please test & let us know.

02/05/2018

1. Restore functions added under utilities.
2. Preloaded database option under utilities.
3. Backup improved
4. Ability to now enter voucher number & re-register 4POS on a new pc (If you don't have a backup)
5. Ability to change your store name (Store setup - General parameters)
6. Barcode label create & print improved...

Adding to our list for 2018 : Bitcoin interface directly from 4POS! By April latest you would be able to accept Bitcoin in your store. Process payments in seconds, safe & secure with your own digital wallet. Ja ja, we know... Bitcoin strugling to make this happen. We didn't say which April....

4Touch App Ready ! Android & Apple iOS : https://youtu.be/dW_kVD4Z0z8

Again, our standard licence agreement applies. More info to follow....

New Credit Card Interface now in development!

New 4POS Loyalty App now in development!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 05:32:00 AM by Admin »

Admin

• Administrator
Re: 4POS 32 & 64 bit Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 01:46:40 PM »

So lots of aggravation, threats etc about the upgrades so let us try to put things in perspective :

From a Customer :

I don’t want the update, because 4pos alway works perfectly without update.  Could you please teach me to disable the automatic update option. 
Regards frank

Our reply :

You can simply cancel when prompted…

We are not going to disable the upgrade options as we are improving on functionality….

For example, some of our customers are now reaching the magical number of 32,878 GRV’s in their database so we had to change that.

You will possibly also get an error in the future due to that. Without the upgrade you will email & we would not know what version you are running & whether an issue has been resolved….

So, 20 emails later we will simply tell you to upgrade….

So, no change…

We have customers that run versions from 2002, 2007 etc. Every day we receive emails with “errors” then to find out that it is an issue that was resolved years ago!

Can you imagine how many thousands of times we had to do a "repair" on an old MsAcess database? We have given - free of charge - a MsSql database as part of 4POS.

Any tech can testify that this is a MAJOR improvement...

« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 02:06:10 PM by Admin »

Admin

• Administrator
Re: 4POS 32 & 64 bit Upgrades
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 10:23:55 AM »

Question from a customer :

I have not been able to do any database repair after your last login? When I want to do it by the maintenance i get this error when I want to go in.after ok, i do the data repair but  nothing pops up after, no database repair done or anything. I want to do a repair, I keep getting errors on the controller.

Answer :

Your system is now running a Microsoft Sequel database & no longer a Microsoft acees database so 4POSMaintenance no longer works.

If you are getting errors on your 4POSController that refers to MsSql problems, it is most likely due to the Mssql “service” that has stopped.

This is often due to your computer going to sleep or the HDD that has gone to sleep. Ensure your power management is totally turned off - in fact go into advanced & check all the options especially for HDD)

1.   Restart your PC
2.   Open the 4POSBackoffice to ensure the Sql service is running (The 4POSBackoffice will force the service to restart)
3.   Open the Controller
4.   If that still fails – (which I doubt) : Control panel – administrative tools – services – go to Sql Server 2012 & restart.