Author Topic: Food Bulk Back Stock per GRV to Front stock & sales  (Read 28224 times)

Join Inn Pub Diner

Food Bulk Back Stock per GRV to Front stock & sales
« on: December 29, 2013, 11:27:36 AM »
Hi 4POS team, Wishing you the best for 2014!
Thanks Leanne for the training provided.. I do however have more questions now that I am 'consciously unaware'.
1: My food stock work as follows: i.e Rump heads: GRV Bulk back stock (to mature for 2 weeks) then portioned in back stock. Back stock portions issue to front stock daily for sales. My thinking is to create Bulk back stock in raw materials wherein the GRV needs to add the bulk stock to. (I would imagine somewhere the MEATBLOCK comes into play?) Then create another Back Stock for the portions in back stock then create another front stock in raw materials from where the bill of material will deduct the stock with sales. it seems complicated however is there an easier way? My concern is that the system will not know from where to deduct the sold stock. Chances are that I am missing something  . Thanks a mil Marieta

Admin

• Administrator
    • 4POS Point of Sale Solutions
Re: Food Bulk Back Stock per GRV to Front stock & sales
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 07:29:18 PM »
Hi!

Well done - didn't know there were still restaurants clever enough to buy in bulk & do their own cutting! In the old days we called it the "Meat Book"

Using back stock & front stock will work well.

I suggest the following :

1. GRV the bulk into the back stock.
2. Ensure your 300g Rump has a Bill of Material to the bulk at 0.300. Obviously you will have the same for Wors, patties, 100g etc - whatever you would cut out of your Rump. Do the same for Sirloin etc.
3. Make finished product of the 300g Rump eg - you cut 6 portions. 4POS will now deduct from the Bulk rump 1.8kg & put 6 x 300g portions into stock. - Please check with me as I'm not nure that make finished works on different warehouses - if not we can change it quickly.
4. Now age your portions as per normal - I'm sure you are putting a date on them as per usual.
5. Once aged - do a stock transfer from Back Stock to Front stock.

BERNARDJ

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 10:51:21 PM »
I was ready this thread and hoped that it will
Help me..

We are a wholesaler for Chicken (Kekkel en Kraai)
We buy whole chicken and sell them in portions after being processed.

The packs are mixed, drums, thighs, wings etc etc
This is being sold per weight for different packets.

How can I setup 4pos to deduct the weight from the whole birds after I GRV'd the whole birds?

Regards

Admin

• Administrator
    • 4POS Point of Sale Solutions
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 11:53:10 AM »
See attached...

Wholebirds are per kg. So, if you purchase 5 boxes of 2.5kg, you will enter 12.5kg on the GRV.

All items listed will be “Scale items” & “Fractions Allowed”