Author Topic: Discounts  (Read 11535 times)

razor50

Discounts
« on: July 06, 2015, 06:29:11 PM »
I picked up an issue with discounts and accounts

If I discount a table then transfer it to a debtor (Account) each item gets discounted as well as the total.

ie. I give the table a 50% discount, each item gets a 50% discount and the total is discounted leaving a balance of 0 being transferred to the account.

Admin

• Administrator
    • 4POS Point of Sale Solutions
Re: Discounts
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 05:29:16 AM »
When you close a table to an account, 4pos will use the sales channel selected on the account to determine the price charged.

So, set up your accounts in that way.

This was designed for clubs that have members & non-member & therefore to use multiple prices on the 4POS Touch

Tiaan Reitz

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 09:40:23 AM »
I think i have a similar problem.

an account client bought 5 cases beer. I gave him R230 discount and rang it up as an account sale.

after cash-up the cash-up total shorts R460 (double the amount) ???
but the server amount just above the total on the cash-up slip is correct.
the accounts amount is correct on the cashup slip (R230 less than all account sales)
but the discount was not transferred the the account in back office.

Admin

• Administrator
    • 4POS Point of Sale Solutions
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 01:19:00 PM »
Not sure about the background of this, BUT....

When you sell to a customer on 4POS, 4POS will change the prices to the sales channel allocated to the customer.

If the sale is not reflecting on the account - you most likely entered the tilde '  somewhere in the description of the customer & the controller gave an error & then ignored the sale.

Tiaan Reitz

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 10:06:03 AM »
I only use the p.o.s channel and the p.o.s sales Channel is allocated to the client.
The sale does reflect on the account, its the discount a gave on that sale that was not transferred to the account.
Looks like 4pos ( or the version I have) cannot handle discounts given on account sales so I will not do it again.