Author Topic: Please can anyone help  (Read 5497 times)

james

Please can anyone help
« on: July 07, 2014, 04:15:59 PM »
1) Can anyone explain to me in the GRV we use 25kg as 250 in quantity section and 300g as 0.30 as quantity?
2) When i buy say meat of 35kg how do i go about the quantity entry in my GRV? and how do i structure my shrinks?
3) When creating an item should we include price and vat inclusive or price exclusive vat? and where should i enter the vat? then
    where should i track and see my vat movement?
4) In my bill of materials the items i use at the time of sale how do i create them as items and then purchase them with GRV entry   
    or what should i do?
5) Ibought a 750ml vodka and i want to sell it in tots how do i go about it in  items and shrinks entry to GRV entry how to enter the 
    750ml what quantity will i use?
6) What is the use of build/break bulk in the GRV section? if i get an example for illustration on how to use it please?
7) If say i buy peanuts of 15.5kg how do i enter it in my GRV section and how do i create my shrinks?

Admin

• Administrator
    • 4POS Point of Sale Solutions
Re: Please can anyone help
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 05:35:39 PM »
Hi James

I see that you have register on the 29th of April 2011?

It is nice to see that you are finally trying to use the system to it's fullest!

Rather than go into training here, let me give you some pointers :

1) Can anyone explain to me in the GRV we use 25kg as 250 in quantity section and 300g as 0.30 as quantity?
2) When i buy say meat of 35kg how do i go about the quantity entry in my GRV? and how do i structure my shrinks?

These 2 questions relate to the same - I gather?

The best is always to create the item in the same quantity as you would be doing your stock takes. For Meat - KG is better as you could simply weigh it to get your current stock quantity. The same applies to most products eg. Sugar, maize meal, tomatoes, potatoes etc etc.

So when you create the product - Create it as Beef per kg as the description - it's then easy to see in the GRV, stock reports etc what it is.

3) When creating an item should we include price and vat inclusive or price exclusive vat? and where should i enter the vat?

Cost is always excluding VAT & selling always inclusive.

VAT : http://www.4pos.co.za/support/index.php/topic,668.msg1478.html#msg1478

then
    where should i track and see my vat movement? - VAT report

4) In my bill of materials the items i use at the time of sale how do i create them as items and then purchase them with GRV entry   
    or what should i do?

The Ingredients are normal items eg. Buns, patties etc therefore it gets created as new Stock Items. - Same rules apply

5) Ibought a 750ml vodka and i want to sell it in tots how do i go about it in  items and shrinks entry to GRV entry how to enter the 
    750ml what quantity will i use?

Liquor is quite simple - Set up a shrink as 1 x 2 x 30 ( 1 tot, double & Bottle) 1 tot = 25ml so there are 30 tots per bottle. Your supplier quantity would be 30 for the bottle.

6) What is the use of build/break bulk in the GRV section? if i get an example for illustration on how to use it please?

Lets assume we set up an item - castle beer. Your supplier quantity is 24 for the case. Shrinks would be 1 x 6 x 12 x 24. So when you do a GRV, you can enter 1 for the quantity which means you are buying 1 pack - 1 case = 24 beers. if you are buying 12 beers, you would break the pack into singles & then specify 12 as the quantity = 12 x 1 = 12

7) If say i buy peanuts of 15.5kg how do i enter it in my GRV section and how do i create my shrinks?

http://www.4pos.co.za/support/index.php/topic,696.msg1547.html#msg1547