Author Topic: I cannot do a cashup - "You currentlly have open transactions"  (Read 12111 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • 4POS Point of Sale Solutions
I cannot do a cashup - "You currentlly have open transactions"
« on: January 10, 2011, 06:29:02 PM »
4POS has the ability to allow you to "save" a sale. This is used when you have rung up products & the customer then forgot something or wishes to add something to the cart. The sale can then be saved & you can continue with the next customer. If you forget to recall this sale - it will be left "Waiting" & you need to finalise the sale - or even void it - before you can do a cashup. To recall the list of Saved sales - press Shift-V to show the list of open transactions.

Once you have the list - Use the arrows to go down to the transaction you require (If there is more than 1) & press enter. Now - either cash-off (Finalise) the transaction or void the sale or even save again - if the customer has left without payment. Managers - beware that these voids will show up on the dayend & you will be held responsible!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 09:31:45 PM by Admin »

Admin

• Administrator
Re: I cannot do a cashup - "You currentlly have open transactions"
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 09:54:32 PM »
Old features improved on in Version 20.11

When you use this functionality in a Liquor store environment :

Eg. You have a seperate pc running 4POS in your empties / deposits area. You would then be able to configure 4POSScan to

1. "Save voucher at server" as attached...
2. 4POSScan will print a voucher with a barcode that can be scanned to retrieve the saved sale. (Attached)
3. This voucher can then be retrieved from any PC (Remember that ALL POS pc's should be configured to : "Save voucher at server") by simply scanning the barcode...

« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 10:28:14 PM by Admin »

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 10:00:47 PM »
The same concept is used by some of our customer to deal with large amounts of cash received in coins or small change.

They would then ring up a "Deposit" with negative value & save the sale.

This is a Credit which the customer can then redeem when he / she has done their purchases.

The reverse is also true if you wish to only sell at your sales counters & then only receive cash at your central cashier....
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 10:25:35 PM by Admin »

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 10:23:21 PM »
And another example in a supermarket with a Take-away...

1. Use 4POSTouch for the ease of use in the Take-away. (See attached config)
2. Do "Cash Sales" - select the items & click on Finish when done with the customer order = NOT cashout. This will produce the same saved sale that can be retrieved by the 4POS scan systems.