4POS Support

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 4 pos scan  (Read 3411 times)

james

4 pos scan
« on: March 28, 2013, 04:04:15 PM »

how do i enter the original purchasing cost and quantity in the bill of materials if i create a burger and its ingredients then on which side do i enter the quantity,cost and shrink? burger or ingredients befor 4pos calculate my selling price?
next i buy potatoes 10kg and i sell them at 7kg,3kg and 5kg on which side 10kg or 7kg,3kg,5kg do i enter the original purchasing cost,quantity and shrinks of the potatoe before 4pos calculate my selling price?

Admin

• Administrator
Re: 4 pos scan
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 09:47:51 AM »

Using the Bill of material gives you accurate cost at all times!

So, with a burger for example - you will create the
bun - supplier quantity 12 (Dozen) & qty used in burger 1
Patty - Supplier qty 50 (Box) qty used 1
Tomato - Supplier qty 1 (kg) qty used .1 (100gram)
Lettuce - Supplier qty 1 (kg) qty used .05 (50gram)

Now, as you enter the purchased of the ingredients, the costs of these items will be correct & therefore your cost of the burger will be correct. You can then use a matrix to calculate the selling from cost, but be careful as it may change the burger price daily as your costs go up!

Potatoes is easier to work with in kg. So today if you are buying a 7kg bag - enter the qty as 7, tomorrow it may be 10kg, so you purchased qty of 10 etc. it means your costs are always correct based on the market! The average cost will calculate the weighted average for you & thus you can determine your TRUE profit!

4POS - still the best!