Author Topic: Problem with setting up promotions  (Read 6055 times)

technical@rsitech.co.za

Problem with setting up promotions
« on: March 26, 2012, 04:17:52 PM »
Well ia m having a challenge with setting up promotions. If i tik or mark where it says ONLY FOR SPECIFIC TIME, the promotion wont work out. I have to disable it for it to work. However someone will have to manually disable the promotion lets say at the end of the period e.g at 8pm if that the time the promotion ends. I would like a situation whereby i can set up time and the system automatically ends the prom. am using ver 12.2.1003

Admin

• Administrator
    • 4POS Point of Sale Solutions
Re: Problem with setting up promotions
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 06:16:21 PM »
Promotions work differently between the 4POSScan (Scanning) & 4POSTouch Program.

In 4POSScan  a product can be selected to sell at a special price from 00h01 to 24h00 only! You cannot ask 4POSScan to sell at the special / promotion price from a specific time to a specific time simply due to the fact that the 4POSScan program has been designed to work WITHOUT the backoffice & therefore cannot check whether 1 promotion is ending & maybe another is starting during the course of the day. So, moral of the story - you can have a product on promotion from Friday till Sunday but NOT only from 12h00 on Friday.....

In 4POSTouch, promotions can cater for specific times as 4POSTouch automatically refers to the Database on the server all the time UNLESS you had a network failure & are running offline!

Therefore you CAN set up a Happy hour for Champagne from 17h00-1800 (Only on specific time) & then run another special for Champagne between 22h00-23h00.

Hope this explains it.

Lastly - Sandor ; it means you have to check promotions BEFORE you phone me at night to complain that your new prices aren't working...... :)

technical@rsitech.co.za

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 09:00:15 AM »
Great, thanks for the response. am satisfied.

mmajdi

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 03:35:10 PM »
Hi, we are running 4pos for a few days now...in Live Mode...all going well...but i cannot set up promotions...nothing under "setup promotions" tab..please assist?? thanking you in advance for kind response!!!